The Sacred Grove
The Sacred Grove
The Sacred Grove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sacred Grove

A home for pagans of all creeds be they witch, wizard, wiccan, heathen or anything in between.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowan

Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death Empty
PostSubject: Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death   Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 16:57

Reading an article on Yahoo this morning prompted me to write this post. I know some will agree with me, some won't; that's just the nature of things. I hope, though, that all who read this respect my views on it as I will respect yours.

As everyone knows, Osama bin Laden was killed by an American SEAL team on 2 May 2011. After this news was reported, there were celebrations at Ground Zero in New York City. I have to say I was really shocked by this. Don't misunderstand me, I am glad he is gone, but I am intelligent enough to realise that just because he's dead doesn't mean that terrorism will come to an end. It's been going on for many decades and I'm sure it will continue to plague our entire planet for years to come.

I'm not a parent, but I couldn't help but wonder what kind of message the celebration was sending to our children. Then, after reading the article this morning, I was in shock again that Christians would so blatantly celebrate someone's death. Yes, bin Laden viewed all Christians as infedels, but what about the part in the bible where it says that we should turn the other cheek?

Granted, not all Christians feel as though we should celebrate his death, but I cannot fathom why anyone from a religious belief system would celebrate the death of anyone. Even his enemy.
Back to top Go down
bug_nutty

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death   Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 10:17

Very well said! I hate what happened on 9/11. I also hate the fighting that has gone on in the Middle East long before they directly involved America. The fact is, we have never been able to keep our noses out of anything in the name of democracy. Hey..democracy is the new God!! You can justify anything if you do it in its name!!

As far as the Christians celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden...they are reacting exactly the way that they were expected to react. And that's about all I will say about that. This country experienced an attack that in a strange way united all people for one cause..to stamp out terrorism. I fully get that the death of the purported source of that attack would give people a boost, but the reaction itself speaks of Christians throughout time.

After all...the Kees-chuns are the ones who have killed many times in the name of God. But that's okay..that's the right "God"...right??

(don't you love my ramblings?? No?? Ah well, read 'em anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death   Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 12:11

Thanks for your response, bug. I think. Laughing

The other thing I forgot to point out, was something agreeable that a church member was quoted as saying in that article: "...We didn't celebrate in the streets when Saddam Hussein was killed." No, we didn't, and weren't they really horses of the same colour? They could've been best friends for all we know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death   Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Response to Osama bin Laden's Death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sacred Grove :: FIRE :: News :: The World Through Pagan Eyes-
Jump to: